The project is designed with an objective that it will fulfill the company’s objectives as well as add value to my knowledge, and along with that it will give me an opportunity to have a practical experience of the mutual fund industry. The objectives of the project are:
– Proper understanding and analysis of mutual fund as a product.
– This project will help me to understand the type of mutual fund scenario that exists in India.
– It will help me to understand the role of different channels for distribution of mutual fund products.
– It will help the company in developing superior products and services in comparison to its competitors and position itself better in the minds of the consumers.
– This project will also help the investors to make investment in the schemes according to their suitability which can fulfill their financial needs.
4.1 ABOUT MUTUAL FUNDS
– What is a Mutual Fund
– Types of Mutual Funds Schemes
– History of the Indian Mutual Fund Industry
– Trends in Marketing of Mutual Funds
– Advantages & Disadvantages of investing in Mutual Funds
– Why to invest in Mutual Funds and not in Banks?
– How to Start Investing?
– Advantages of Investing Early
– Tax Implications
I. SET YOUR GOALS THROUGH…
– Systematic Investment Plan
– Systematic Transfer Plan
II. ABOUT THE COMPANY
– Corporate Identity.
– Parentage & Inception
– Service & Facilities
– Key Employees of Kotak Mahindra AMC
– SWOT Analysis of Kotak Mahindra AMC
– Major Players in the Indian Mutual Fund Industry
III. ASSOCIATION OF MUTUAL FUNDS IN INDIA
– About AMFI
– Objectives of AMFI
IV. JOB PROFILE
– Working with the Distributor
– Channels of Sales
– Working directly with the Investors
– Working with the Asset Management Company
(Data updated till Year 2005)